February 26, 2014

The Fight for the Future Tour Recap


Wooooow I officially went to my first ever book event on February, 22, 2014 at Books of Wonder in New York. The Fight for the Future Tour to be exact, I got to meet a ton of amazing authors and get my books signed PLUS signed book swag. The authors that I got to meet were Alexandra Bracken (The Darkest Minds, Never Fade), Dan Krokos (False Memory, False Sight, False Future), Meagan Spooner (These Broken Stars, Skylark, Shadowlark), and Amie Kaufman (These Broken Stars).

Everyone was so nice and awesome and funny (especially Dan Krokos) and it was amazing to actually get to meet and talk with them. They talked about their writing, first drafts, researching for their books, and a ton of other cool stuff. I also learned that there are different levels of being arrested (Amie Kaufman: quite arrested and really arrested), that Meagan Spooner went to school with a bunch of people who now work in NASA, how Alexandra Bracken used to live in Arizona, and also that Dan Krokos worked at a gas station for several years until he wrote his novels. My highlight of the event was when Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner asked me if they could use my name in their books and I answered YES! The event included signing, questions from the audience, and of course the authors themselves. It was great meeting everyone and I hope I can see them again one day.
Dan Krokos signing my books!
Books I got signed + signed book swag


Before the event when I was about to enter Books of Wonder for the first time
Couldn't get a picture of everyone together because of all the people but I was able to take this








No comments:

Post a Comment