May 25, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday #57



Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that everyone’s excited about!




Publisher: Random House
Expected Release Date: September 20, 2016
Page Count: 416
Genre: YA

Henrietta Howel can burst into flames.Forced to reveal her power to save a friend, she's shocked when instead of being executed, she's invited to train as one of Her Majesty's royal sorcerers.
Thrust into the glamour of Victorian London, Henrietta is declared the chosen one, the girl who will defeat the Ancients, bloodthirsty demons terrorizing humanity. She also meets her fellow sorcerer trainees, handsome young men eager to test her power and her heart. One will challenge her. One will fight for her. One will betray her.
But Henrietta Howel is not the chosen one. As she plays a dangerous game of deception, she discovers that the sorcerers have their own secrets to protect. With battle looming, what does it mean to not be the one? And how much will she risk to save the city—and the one she loves?
Exhilarating and gripping, Jessica Cluess's spellbinding fantasy introduces a powerful, unforgettably heroine, and a world filled with magic, romance, and betrayal. Hand to fans of Libba Bray, Sarah J. Maas, and Cassandra Clare.

A Shadow Bright and Burning is one of those books where I saw the cover, skimmed the description, and knew I HAD to read it. While I did attempt to get a copy at BEA 2016, they only gave it out on the first day (which I couldn't go to) so I couldn't get one. However, this book sounds fantastic and I look forward to getting a copy when it releases in September.


4 comments:

  1. I don't think we met at BEA, but I saw you a lot with the Stephs. Maybe next year? Anyway, soooooo looking forward to this one. I love fantasy, and I've been on a superpower kick lately. Also, not the chosen one? I didn't love Patrick Ness' The Rest of Us just live here, but I'm hoping this'll make it's mark :D I snagged a copy of this while I was there. If I end up not loving it, do you want it?

    - Eli @ The Silver Words
    #NBlogHop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, I'm like 99% sure I'll be at BEA 2017! And I'd love it if you end up not liking it :D

      Delete
  2. I'm definitely going to be at BEA Next year. I have heard good things about this one. I think they might have had it on NetGalley. Not sure, but I hope you love it when you get your hands on it.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh now that cover does look gorgeous! So sorry to hear that you missed your chance of snagging it but I hope you'll enjoy it when you get your hands on a copy :D

    ReplyDelete