February 12, 2014

Review of Unforgotten by Jessica Brody


I remember that when I finished reading Unremembered by Jessica Brody and set the book down I thought "Wow, this is an amazing book." Soon after I realized that waiting for Unforgotten (the second book in the trilogy) was something that was impossible, I immediately grabbed my ARC of Unforgotten, turned the first page, and started reading.

From the beginning of the book you can see that it takes place in a scene vastly different from Unremembered, the year 1609 to be exact. Sera and Zen have finally escaped Diotech and are safe in 1609 where they are working in a farm. However after six months Sera is forced to use her abilities to save Zen and exposes herself to the people nearby. They are forced to leave the past behind and go to the future, further than 2013 where they were last time. Diotech sends a guy named Kaelen to save Sera and take her to NYC in 2032. He claims to know the disease that Zen has fallen ill of and so Sera reluctantly agrees to help him. They go around NYC according to three triggered memories of Sera to find something or someone that Diotech wants Kaelen to find. It's around this time that Sera meets Cody again, only this time he isn't exactly the same as he was before. When Sera escapes Kaelen and ruins the third memory she turns to Cody for help once she realizes that the memories were supposed to lead to the cure of the disease Zen had. The three of them unlock the third memory and it leads Sera and Kaelen to a shocking revelation that changes everything. The two are able to save Zen but at a price, his transession gene is turned off and he is stuck in 2032. The book ends in a cliffhanger and you will probably just like me start counting down the days until the third books comes out.

I personally consider this one of the top 10 books I've read in 2014, the book was full of suspense, action, romance, and cliffhangers. If you liked Unremembered you will LOVE Unforgotten, I recommend not rushing it since there is over a year for the third book to come out.

I also really liked the fact that Unforgotten wasn't just a filler in the middle of the trilogy like many books are these days but in fact was as important as the first book and even more so. It added a ton of new things to the plot and introduced new information that could cause the final book to end in a variety of ways.

I'm not sure how I feel about the love triangle that was created with Kaelen and Zen, I feel like it can lead to a lot of interesting things in the final book but at the same time I want Sera to stay with Zen. Team Zen all the way!

Huge thanks to Jessica Brody who sent me my ARC of Unforgotten and caused me to finally lift Unremembered and Unforgotten from my TBR list and finally read them. Just wanted to thank you for writing two amazing and wonderful books that I loved reading and I hope that your awesome writing continues with the third book.




No comments:

Post a Comment