July 23, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #15 The Walled City




Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill from Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases we are eagerly awaiting!

Today's pick:


Publisher: Little Brown
Expected Release Date: November 4, 2014
Page Count: 432
Genre: YA
There are three rules in the Walled City: Run fast. Trust no one. Always carry your knife. Right now, my life depends completely on the first. Run, run, run. Jin, Mei Yee, and Dai all live in the Walled City, a lawless labyrinth run by crime lords and overrun by street gangs. Teens there run drugs or work in brothels—or, like Jin, hide under the radar. But when Dai offers Jin a chance to find her lost sister, Mei Yee, she begins a breathtaking race against the clock to escape the Walled City itself.
While there have been other books I've been more excited for, The Walled City is still one of the books that I am the most excited for. After a cover redesign the cover became even better and coupled with an interesting description and good reviews its earned a place in my Waiting on Wednesday.


3 comments:

  1. I really love dystopian stories and this one sounds good. I also like the cover art =D and that tag line is definitely an attention grabber.
    New bloglovin follower
    Monique @ Mo_Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick! What do you think of the cover change? I really loved the first cover concept, but this new one is growing on me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love fantasy books. This one sounds so amazing. I met Ryan at BEA and she was so nice.

    Grace @Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete